Thursday 17 March 2016

The Least Black Item of This Winter

I do not wear jeans much. Like maybe once a week if I make an effort. Therefore, I do not sew many things to wear with them, but I needed a quick project so here it is: flower silk top with long sleeves.


I was hesitating whether to make long or ¾ sleeves, cut out the longer version and in the end am very happy about that. The fabric is silk and with the long sleeves it keeps me warm even in winter.


There is not much to say about it:
The pattern is an adapted Burda 125-02/2014 with modified décolleté, little bit of silk organza interfacing around the neck and the end of sleeves and that’s it.
The fabric was quite slippery, so my V-neck had to be redone, but in the end I am quite satisfied with the result.

It makes just such a difference to wear silk, the fabric is moving and feels so differently from any poly, viscose of whatever you might see in RTW.

Of course, I used French seams on the inside so it is smooth and pretty on both sides.


I believe I will be sewing at least one more top like this from the silks I bought last year in Malaysia.

Inspiration: fabric
Pattern: Burda 125-02/2014
Pattern changes: too many to remember
Technique: French seams
Fabric: black silk
Time to Complete: a week
Total Cost: 16 EUR

No comments:

Post a Comment