Since the prospect of going full time back to the office is nowhere close (or at least not communicated), I thought I might sew something little and cute for summer home office as well. Also, I had 80 cm of this fibranne viscose I used at the beginning of the year for a mid-season dress and was really looking for an idea on how to us it up. I know that when lucky, I can squeeze a dress from 1m of fabric, so I was hoping that 80cm could work for some little number.
I wanted something similar to the famous Bella dress sewn twice last year, so I reused the skirt and was looking for a nice and interesting top. The help came from Burda 04/2016, a magic magazine number from which I must have sewn at least half of the patterns already. I used the top 120, for the cute front opening. Unfortunately, it is a long size, so I shortened the pattern pieces, I adjusted the width to match the skirt pieces and hoped for the best.
Magically, I managed to just cut out the dress from the fabric ans the rest was just a smooth sailing. I cut everything out just before lunch and by 5pm, the dress was ready. It rarely happens to me, because I like taking the time on a project, hand sewing, but after the summer seersucker (blogpost to come) jacket it was a nice palate cleanser.