Saturday 28 August 2021

Sewing for Boys - Summer Collection 2021

 And yet another batch of sewing for the little far nephews. They are now 4 and a few months and 2 and a half if my count is correct so they got out of the super quick growing period, they even wore the last year linen pants still this summer. On the other side, squeezing something for them from little remnants is becoming more and more difficult, so I really need to plan the sewing in advance now and reserve pieces of fabric for it.

This is what I did this year:

Linen shorts and t-shirt for the little one. I decided it was the year of a pocket so I really put them everywhere on the pants, I also had some fun topstitching. 


For the pants, I used a remnant from a linen dress I sewed for myself and I still have to document. The white and black jersey is something I wanted a t-shirt from but the longer I have the fabric, the less I can imagine a shirt for me. So it was put to good use here. 

Also, their mum complained last year that the little one has a real big head and does not get through the RTW and hand-made t-shirts, so this time I chose a pattern with a side opening.

The big one got shorts from some tencel I have a summer dress as well and mao-collar shirt. 

As for the little one I had fun topstitching and I am almost missing having some more or more funny stitches on my machine. 


For the shirt I actually really like the pattern, it is something quite rare for little kids and yet, I find it quite classy.


No comments:

Post a Comment