Sunday 22 August 2021

Another Flower Dress

 It seems that flowery dresses are totally in this year, so why not sewing another one. I had this cotton-silk stashed for some time, always waiting for the right project. The fabric was rather fine, so a lining is quite needed.

Once I had sewn my liberty dress, I thought that a similar one could be done from this fabric as well. However, I decided to make is less adjusted on the waist and sew something more similar to the Myosotis dress.

This somehow worked and not worked. Even though I added a cm or so on the bodice length, I find the bodice shorter than on the liberty dress, and I have absolutely no idea why. When I sewed the dress, I thought that I would need to cinch it anyhow, so I ended up putting in an elastic in the back.

The dress is lined with a little black remnant on the bodice and self lined on the skirt.

As for the buttons, I again found just the right ones in my button stash. Bonheur!

No comments:

Post a Comment