Thursday, 9 June 2016

Sorbetto Top

I am quite aware of the fact that I am really late on discovering some quite famous patterns. My last year's obsession with Anna By Hand London is fortunately behind me, even though I might sew one again this year.

So here comes the Sorbetto top. I downloaded it a almost in the beginning of my sewing and it remained in the back of my pattern stash, untaped, uncut till the last moving. As I am currently pretty successful in reducing my fabric stash, I try to do the same with the pattern stash. So sewing patterns I own, even if I did not pay for them, is a good way to do it.



I used a white cotton popline with little blue dots which I bought last year for a top. It behaved correctly and pressed easily, which means that the top was ready very quickly. Then of course, there is nothing extremely difficult on the Sorbetto top.

I did a visible bias binding on the collar and covered biais binding on the armscyes. No hand sewing included this time, as the machine sewing is almost hidden in the seams. Again, it really sped up the process.


I did not bother with a muslin, just compared the pattern to my top basic, did the usual should adjustments and lowered the dart slightly. When sewing it, I took in almost an inch on each side to fit it better, mainly because my fabric is not flowy.

Inspiration: too many Sorbettos on the internet
Pattern: Sorbetto top
Pattern changes: shoulder tweaks, side seams fitting
Technique: biais binding
Fabric: cotton popline
Time to Complete: one DAY, yes, that's right, one DAY
Total Cost: 11 EUR

No comments:

Post a comment