Sunday 8 March 2020

The Day-After-X-Mas Dress

Originally, I wanted this dress to be worn on x-mas day with my in-laws. However, we always celebrate x-mas in an old house in the middle of Normandy. So over the years I learned that you have to compromise between wearing a festive dress and being warm.

I also learned that wearing pumps is a big no and the high boots are my best friend for this occasion. This year, I wanted to have something cute and sewn for the moment, so I bought this cotton black and gold stripy jersey. And I should have known better!

We went to my in-laws in the middle of the day, so I put on my wool turtleneck dress an packed the lurex one, counting on changing myself just before the evening. However, I was just sooo cosy in my wool dress and even though we were 15, I was not in a place to change to a finer dress.

In the end, I wore the dress for the day after when we opened the gifts and had a meal together.

The dress is really a basic one, I was just very careful on the stripe matching. I must admit that it was my first time sewing something stripey in jersey, so I am not 100% sure of everything, but I compared my make with those from RTW and I should be quite OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment