Sunday 7 March 2021

Velvet Dress n°2

Aka the grey one.

Hmmm, velvet, good or bad idea? I was a teenager in the 90s, so basically grew up with high-waisted jeans, pinafores and crushed velvet which was a big hit at that time. What comes next? t-shirts under summer dresses and black bras under white t-shirts, urghhh. Ok you got it, I am not a big fan of the current fashion comebacks. Never mind, but a basic velvet, that cannot be such a bad idea, right? At worse I will only wear it at home.

With that in mind, I ordered 2 velvet fabrics just before x-mas, one piece was also used for a little cute baby number. And during my x-mas staycation I sewed two dresses.

The grey fabric is a mix of cotton and viscose as is therefore thinner and drapier. I used a Knipmode pattern (10/23) mixed with my jersey dress block. I do not think there was anything complicated, the dress whizzed through my serger in no time and it was done.

And it was worn almost once a week since. I am sometimes pondering on shortening it by 1-2 cm but at the moment cannot be bothered. It is warm, cosy, comfy, just the perfect stay-at-home-dress. It looks good on zoom and my BF likes it as well.

I am almost wondering why I do not have an entire winter wardrobe made of velvet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment