Saturday 8 May 2021

Merino Cardigan

This post will be short, but as I am trying to publish everything I sew, I cannot omit this cardigan. The fabric comes from a bundle of merino jerseys I had bought some time ago and am sewing through. I ordered everything from The Fabric Store and basically bought different weights and colours so that I can play with it. I mostly had different shades of grey. 

I took some time to look for the right pattern and in the end settled on Burda 104-10/2020, my October issue had just arrived by that point. I remember changing it a lot, though.

Not sure if these pictures do it justice as I mostly wear this cardigan with black dresses or t-shirts under it. It is rather practical, warm and soft and the colour fits my wardrobe. 

I am definitely planning on sewing some more merino cardigans, but next time, I will use a standard sleevehead and not the fallen sleeve - I feel like it is not the best look on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment