Thursday 26 December 2019

Carolyn Pyjamas - For Me

It is this season when all the sewing bloggers prepare their x-mas and sew Carolyn pyjama. I think I have already seen almost 4 of them, so it was high time I made some as well.

So far, I have sewn the Carolyn pyjamas only for my sister. And since we are about the same size, I was able to try them on and really liked them. So I promised myself to sew some for the winter season.

To be honest, I do not like sleeping in pyjamas, but I like wearing some home wear. And my last collection is clearly showing some wear and tear so it was high time I sewed something new.

Also, it was a great opportunity to use fabric which is in my stash, which I love but cannot see myself sewing something for daily wear from that.

I pulled an old stash resident: white cotton with little flowers, of which I had 3m, hoping I would sew at least two pyjamas from it. But the pattern really eats up the fabric. I managed to squeeze in the long-sleeve shirt, long trousers and a pair of shorts. So far, so good.



For a long time, I was looking for the right piping, first wanting to use a mustard one, then a green one and in the end, I used a dark-brown one which is the right one. I pulled some old buttons from my stash, so that is a win as well.


Now, I am ready for the winter classy season and really happy that this fabric got sewn.

No comments:

Post a Comment