This dress was my single make in March, even though I must have started other things.
And surprisingly, it was not a very well planned project, I even used a piece of fabric bought in the beginning of my fabric stashing. I remember buying this fabric over the internet (before learning that buying fabric on internet is not the best idea, as the reality rarely corresponds to what I thought originally) and it was meant to be a jacket to accessorise my blue silk dress for the weddings I attended that year.
However, sewing on the deadline, I barely had time to finish the dress and also had only a meter or so of the fabric. Not talking about the fact that it is little bit stretchy and would not be the best option for a jacket.
I somehow found this piece of fabric and figured out that a little mid-season dress would actually be cool. I used my true and tested pattern which is actually a copy of a RTW dress adjusted to my little frame and which I have already sewn here. Quick decision, quick project which got worn a few times already.
The fabric is a blend of rather stiff cotton and lycra which means that it keeps perfectly its form while being quite comfortable.
My previous version was lined only on the bodice and I think it was a mistake. So this time, I lined the dress completely.
I was thinking about matching the pattern, but
- I did not have enough fabric to do that
- the pattern is so messy it does not matter much
- the colour difference is not enormous, so I can totally live with this
Just check my seam matching here….
And that is about it, I am happy I could take pics of it (merci Me-Made-May) and finally post it, which makes half of my MMM posting objective attained :o)
Inspiration: just wanted to finish a project
Pattern: RTW copy
Pattern changes: none
Technique: seam matching
Fabric: false lace in black-blue cotton
Time to Complete: 2 weeks
Total Cost: 28 EUR