I admit I tend to sew rather complicated pieces, I focus on lined dresses a lot, and tend to neglect separates. So anytime I sew one, it is a surprise for me that a sewing project can be easily finished within a week-end.
Also, I made things simple here: there are like 4 seams on this top, all of them frenched, and a lot of borders which I baby-hemmed. No closing, yeah! Easy peasy, all done on a machine, not a single handstitch. As for the fitting, I just compared the pattern quickly against another already sewn top and that was it. The pattern should be sewn from jersey, whereas I used a simple non-stretchy woven, so I also omitted the bottom hem as I did not see any utility for it.
The best thing is that I really like the result: yes, it is a large top, yes, I do not have to overfit everything and yes, it might move over to one shoulder some time, but that is perfectly fine. I have another black top for next summer.
Inspiration: August Burda
Pattern: Burda 128-08/2016
Pattern changes: omitted bottom hem
Technique: baby hem
Fabric: black silk
Time to Complete: 2 hoursTotal Cost: 6 EUR