Sunday 26 July 2020

Yet Another Moneta

The Moneta dress was one of the first jersey dresses I have sewn. Nice pattern, cute neckline, however, not a style I would wear every day. 
I did sew two of them and just stopped at that because how many of the casual dresses do you really need?

Well, definitely more than ever if you work 100% from home. The strict lockdown is now finished, I currently spend only about half of my time in the office, and who knows what will happen in autumn. So another Moneta is definitely welcomed. I actually sewed this dress in the middle of the lockdown when the weather was just right for wearing it and I definitely wore it a few times then. It is way too hot for it in the middle of summer but its time will come back again.

I do not think I have much to say about it apart from the fact that it is entirely constructed on my overlocker/coverlocker. I bought a new machine at the beginning of the year and honestly, am still struggling little bit with its settings. So sewing the entire dress was a little bit of a challenge and I was quite happy that I managed it.
Also, I do not have a dedicated space for sewing so I can only have one machine out. And changing the whole setting, putting away the sewing machine, getting out the serger with all its tools.... just way too complicated to happen very often.
However, this is going to change quite soon so I definitely hope to use my serger more often.

I added pockets, because.... well pockets... and I find that one of them is always getting opened. And honestly, I have no idea how to correct this. I played little bit with the seams and the machine but without any major results.

All in all, this is a cute dress. I really love the fabric, it is a very soft cotton jersey and it is elegant and comfy at the same time. Next lockdown, I am ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment