In many senses:
January has been just a one crazy month and I still feel some impact of it now. But, I managed to sew little bit in December (not blogged) and finished things in February (not blogged either).
I am also very late on posting about one of my November makes. But I am speeding things up, took a few pictures this morning, so hopefully will be posting everything soon.
Then, all of my last makes are completely black or with majority of black. Oh well. That is probably because not having too much time for sewing, I focus on making practical things which I am sure to wear, aka dark colours. I would like to promise that it will get better soon but even the blouse I am making this week-end is black-and-beige.
So let’s review this black dress. It is the same 60’s pattern as this dress which got sooooo much wear this winter even though it is an illogical combination of wool flannel and short sleeves, but I figured it goes well with sweaters, as well as jackets and I just love it. Unfortunately, it shrank little bit in the process, because I wash my wool clothes in the machine (and yes, I did preshrank it before sewing).
It was quite obvious that I needed another one like that before the winter is over, this time with longer sleeves. Small details include invisible zip, inserted pockets and that’s pretty much it.
The pattern is nice, the waist is not very fitted, so this is a perfect dress for your bloated-belly days :o)
The fabric is black wool flannel, lined with batik silk I bought last year in Indonesia to add little bit of fun to this dress. I actually had almost 2m of this crazy fabric and figured out that a whole dress in black-yellow would never get worn. So I used a part for the lining and the rest for a small summer top (yes, yes, still to be blogged).
Pattern: Burda 110-09/2015
Pattern changes: none, pattern already adjusted on my previous model
Technique: hidden pockets
Fabric: black wool flannel, batik silk for lining
Time to Complete: a month
Total Cost: 24 EUR